Created exclusively for Chico’s by food writer Jeanne Kelly, this punch is an elegant way to bring a little tropical warmth to a party of two or twelve this season. Rummy, gingery, juicy, and pretty, it’s got everything. (The secret is using the best rum you can find. We like Ron Zacapa.)
Punch for Two
- 1/3 cup Pomegranate juice
- 2 ounces Ron Zacapa Centenario Solera Grand Reserve Rum
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon St. Germain (Elderflower liqueur)
- Ice cubes, about 1 cup
- 2/3 cup (approximately) ginger beer or ginger ale, well chilled
- Lime wheels for garnish
- Stir the pomegranate juice, rum, lime juice and St. Germain to blend in a cocktail shaker.
- Add the ice cubes and shake vigorously until well blended and chilled.
- Strain the mixture into coupe or martini glasses, dividing evenly.
- Top with ginger beer, dividing evenly.
- Garnish cocktails with lime wheels and serve.
Orchid Punch for A Crowd
An ice mold keeps the punch chilled without diluting it too quickly.
- 2 cups Pomegranate juice, well chilled
- 1 1/2 cups Ron Zacapa Centenario Solera Grand Reserve Rum
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice, chilled
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons St. Germain (Elderflower liqueur)
- 4 cups ginger beer or ginger ale, well chilled
- Lime slices and orchids for garnish, optional
- Fill a round plastic container, soufflé dish or bunt pan that fits neatly in your punch bowl and freeze until firm.
- Stir the pomegranate juice, rum, lime juice and St. Germain to blend in a punch bowl.
- Pour in the ginger beer.
- Unmold the ice and add to punch.
- Garnish with lime slices. Ladle into glasses to serve.
Recipe by Jeanne Kelley. Photo Credit: Jeanne Kelley. Pictured: Chico’s Boiled Wool Yvonne Cropped Cardigan in Soft Orchid, Chico’s Darcy Turtleneck in Soft Orchid, and Beautiful Sheen Alda Button-Down Shirt in Soft Orchid.