Whether you’re celebrating, entertaining, or just relaxing, we’ve got your weekend covered with an easy look, a springy drink, a delicious dish, a great book, plus some special treats for the ladies in your life: mothers, friends and otherwise. (Maybe you just want something for yourself?)
No fuss dressing is our mantra! We’re serious—stand next to us in the dressing room some time and listen closely. We want to know we’re going to look good with the least amount of effort possible. Jeans with flared legs are always flattering, plus a bohemian peasant shirt, some fun jewels, and equestrian-inspired belt… that’s all you need.
This BLT has nothing to do with bacon: Bourbon, Lemon and Tonic. Light, bright, with a touch of warmth, it’s a new spin on bourbon (we like Bulleit™ for its hint of honey.) We especially love the violet garnishes.
Cherry Cream Pie with Raspberry-Campari Sauce
- 11 1⁄2 oz (325 g) biscotti or gingerbread cookies
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 1⁄2 tsp sea salt
- 7 tbsp (100 g) butter, melted
- 1 cup (250 g) cream cheese
- 3 tbsp confectioners’ sugar, sifted, plus extra for dusting
- 1⁄2 tsp vanilla extract
- finely grated zest of 1⁄4 lemon
- 3⁄4 cup plus 1 tbsp (200 ml) heavy cream
- 3 heaping tbsp raspberry jam
- 1 tbsp Campari
- 10 1⁄2 oz (300 g) cherries, halved and pitted (raspberries, strawberries, peaches, or apricots are delicious for this as well)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Grind the cookies with the ginger and salt in a food processor into fine crumbs. Add the butter and grind until the mixture starts to come together.
- Spread the cookie crumb mixture out over the bottom and up the sides of a 10-inch (24-cm) tart pan with a removable bottom (if you like, you can line it with some parchment paper first). Bake the crust for 12 minutes. Allow it to completely cool off on a rack.
- Using a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese with the sugar, vanilla, and lemon zest until smooth. Beat in the heavy cream.
- Fill the pie crust with the cream cheese mixture and place it in the fridge for at least 1 hour and 30 minutes to set the filling.
- Briefly heat the raspberry jam in a saucepan over medium heat. As the jam begins to boil, lower the heat and swiftly stir in the Campari. Press the jam through a strainer over a little bowl.
- Spread the halved cherries over the pie. Pour over the raspberry-Campari sauce and serve straightaway.
We were enchanted by My Mrs. Brown, a lovely, sensitive fairy tale written by former Vogue editor, William Norwich. Mrs. Brown is a proud, plain widow in Rhode Island, who scrapes by cleaning salon floors for a living. On a volunteer mission for the local thrift store, she falls madly in love with an Oscar de la Renta dress and sets her heart on getting it. Sweet but not sappy, understanding but not preachy, this is a book about the power of clothes to make us our best selves.
We’ve got the perfect accessories for anyone on your must-gift list: mother, daughter, sister, friend, and even (especially) yourself.